98 Ram 2500 Abs Light and 4wd light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eman2289

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all. I recently purchased this truck and it has an abs light. I also noticed that the speedo was not functioning properly at low speeds, so I replaced the rear diff speed sensor yesterday, which seems to be what everyone says is the issue, yet the light hasn't gone off. Any other suggestions/ diagnostics?

Also, the 4wd light stays on when in 2wd. I replaced the switch on top of the transfer case and it did not fix the issue. The truck appears to have a rebuilt/replaced transmission in it. The 4wd light shuts off when I put the truck in 4wd high, which leads me to believe that there is an issue with the vacuum lines that are going to the indicator switch. Can anyone tell me the correct connections of each vacuum line or have a diagram that depicts the proper connections? I can't find them in the fsm.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Waynesrage54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I had the same two problems on my 95 dodge 4x4 can't remember what the fix was for on the abs but the reason my 4wd light was staying on was my vacuum lines were backwards I think it was my black and red vaccum lines

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RJKNOW79