Battery Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Trucks taking noticeably longer to start and the battery is damn near 7 years old so going to buy a new one shortly.

My question is what's is everybody's opinion on battery brands? I'll definitely need one with higher cold cranking amps. Other than that im not sure. Or does it really matter that much?

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
I've owned quite a few batteries for a few different vehicles, my Ram and all rams before have always had Autozone gold batteries, they are good but replacement can be a pain if it goes even during warranty. (I've had buddies die before warranty never had problems with mine) The autozone battery has side and top post, I use top post for normal ram components and side post with adapters for my powerinverter.

Also I carry around an Ac delco side post battery with adapters at all times, the basic battery from them comes with a 48month no questions asked warranty all you need is a phone number and they swap it out. I bought it for my old cadillac, now i use it to jump whoever needs help, and keep in vehicle to jump myself if needed.

TLDR.... AC DELCO long warranty

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
The batteries

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 53
  • image2.jpg