Need help urgent!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Ok so I blew the rear U joint on the rear drive shaft at the mud bog yesterday night so I threw the drive shaft in the bed and pulled it around back with another truck, and limped it the 3 miles home at 5:30 this morning. The U-joints on the front axle are going as well so I don't want to push them any more than I have to. So, can I steal the U-joint out of the front drive shaft and take the front drive shaft off, and use the u joint on the rear so I will have the normal 2WD long enough to get my truck to town and get all new joints? Everybody is at work and I need all this done by 12:00 noon tommarow so for this emergency can I do this? Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Nobody? I hate to be impatient but I need to get to work tomorrow

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I don't see why not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Dude you havent had much luck mudding lately... lol

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
both drive shafts use the same u joint? i would think they are different because the front driveshaft is smaller then the rear.

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Front Driveshaft is only shorter, pretty sure the Joints are the same size

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
Dude you havent had much luck mudding lately... lol

I wasn't mudding when it broke, I was driving from the campers down to the mud. I had already pulled three trucks out of the mud before though, and had been stuck three different times. all part of mudding though. If mud ain't flyin you ain't tryin.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
daily drivers shouldnt see mud. im kicking my ass right now trying to get mudd out of places i never knew were on my truck.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
When you replace them, make sure you get greasable replacments, even if it costs more...and just do them all while your at it...especially if your putting it in the mudhole...then everytime after you go mud slingin, grease the hell outta them.

OP
OP
Luke(MI)

Luke(MI)

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Chevy Blazer
Engine
4.3l Vortec V6
When you replace them, make sure you get greasable replacments, even if it costs more...and just do them all while your at it...especially if your putting it in the mudhole...then everytime after you go mud slingin, grease the hell outta them.

Every time she sees the mud the underside sees the pressure washer and grease gun, ALWAYS. On top of that I grease the entire front end every oil change, and every tire rotation