Need help/advice quick please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff white

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for some help/ advice with my dodge. Its a 1500 extended cab about 172000 miles on it. I just replaced the timing chain, put everything back together and...,,nothing, well actually it will turn over now just wont start. I think its possibly somthing electrical but its not throwing any codes. Im out of ideas on what to do next. Any help will be extreamly appreciated!

ohiogrown

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 CCSB, 2011 ccsb, 2012 5500, 2016 5500, 2017 ccsb wxpress
Engine
4.7, 4.7, 6.7, 6.7, 5.7
I'm thoroughly confused, a 99 ram does not have a timing belt. If I remember correctly it doesn't have any electronics related to the cam either, or anything really on the entire front of the motor for that matter.

So assuming you meant timings chain, You either installed it incorrectly or... Yeah that's really all I can think of. Its literally the easiest timing chain ever though. You'll need to see what component you're missing- spark, fuel ore compression and chase it from there.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Check for fuel and spark first.

OP
OP
J

jeff white

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sorry for the delay in response, after a lot of work and trial n error I have come to the realization that I have installed my timing chain 180* off. now my question is do I need to take it all apart and redo the chain or can the distributor be changed? by that I mean turn the entire distributor 180 or just change the wire positions on the cap? I thank you for the replies.