R46 Track Bar Bracket Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteLimited14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So I just purchased the truck in Houston at the end of December 2015. 30k miles on it and ABSOLUTELY love the truck! Truck came with no running boards which sucked even though I'm 6'4". Drove the truck home to west Florida and put some Amp Power Steps on as an additional xmas present to myself. Hauled race trailer to Daytona right after Xmas with no issues and rode like a Cadillac. Upon returning home, my LF tpms sensor apparently went out. So I take it to my local dealer to have it fixed, have all the open recalls looked at and have a alignment done. 6hrs later the service tech comes in and grabs me, takes me out to the truck and shows me the cracked track bar bracket... Below the lap weld everyone is to look at. They told me that Monday they will start the process about the fix and they plan to have a crew fly in from Mexico to remove and weld a new bracket in place with a specialized welding apparatus. I did not take a picture as my heart was broke when they told me this news! I will cruise by in this crappy charger they gave me to drive this week and take a pic. Cracked bracket pic to be uploaded ASAP! Luckily my dealer didn't flinch on the truck being lifted, big tires, etc, etc.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah, I got mine inspected and luckily no issue with mine, yet.

I'll keep an eye out on it as will the dealer when it goes in for routine service.

OP
OP
WhiteLimited14

WhiteLimited14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Rusted crack from top running down back of bracket

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 114

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
On man!! Heartbreaker for sure. Good that they found it this way though...

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCLB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I took mine in, they inspected it but didn't say if it was bad or not. But on the paper it says no fix for it yet. cant see any flaws on mine

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990