tranny cooler blew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LMR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
The cooler started leaking into the trannny fluid and turned it pink. I knew this was not going to be cheap but had a new cooler installed, tranny rebuilt and new torque converter. After all this, there is still residual trany fluid in the coolant system. What would be the best way to flush the system? Concerned about coating the radiator internals and just flushing water out. Any advice or experience in this type of flush? I am told if I leave it in too long, it will eat the hoses.

OP
OP
L

LMR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Well I pulled the thermostat out and found a lot of emulsified tranny oil. I flushed out the reservoir with a hose and let it rip. Did the same with the radiator as a lot of the tranny fluid rose to the top. I then drained as much of the coolant fluid as I could and refilled with water and coolant flush. With the cap on, I drove it for 15 miles or so and the temp never got hot. This was good because by cracking the cap, I could skim a lot of the trannyfluid out. I have done this 3 times and seems to be clearing up. Tomorrow I see if any floated to the top again

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Thanks for the update! I hope this process works out for you.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCLB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel