detail?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAMA BOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Liters of fire breathing fury!
im going to spit shine my ram this sunday so i should wash first then clay bar her then wax her right? im young and semi new to "cleaning"

and im so close to ordering me some fukken wax!

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well ya need to order ya some. Good Stuff there. That seems to be the right order. I'm sure others will chime in if it's wrong.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Incoming post from Numbers in 3.... 2..... 1.....

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
took me a bit...........I was on the road.

Yeah, get some fukken wax dude! :D:D

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
if you are going to clay bar, I would use a normal wax, but definitely still get you some fukken.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
First thing I did when I brought home version 2 - I clayed her and fukk'd her

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are going to clay it and wax it, you are skipping the most important step. Polish...this is what will actually make the paint look "wet". Wax is just going to protect the paint from UV damage, acid rain, and such. If you want gloss and depth, gotta use polish, and have to use a buffer.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im going to spit shine my ram this sunday so i should wash first then clay bar her then wax her right? im young and semi new to "cleaning"

and im so close to ordering me some fukken wax!

I guess I should actually take the time to go through this start to finish for ya.

Before you start, I suggest taking off your watch, make sure you don't have a belt on. And, any micorfiber or terry cloth rags you plan to use, make sure you rip off any tags from them. Don't want to scratch the paint.

#1 Wash the truck wish Dawn dish soap. This will get off any old wax, and give you a good look at the surface.

#2 Clay the truck. Clay comes in different weights. So, if you don't know what one you should be using, ask.

#3 Wash the truck again, different bucket, wash mitt, and use a good quality car wash soap. Also, in this step, do the wheels, tires, and wheel wells. Also, not a bad idea, if you are going to do it, to do your motor here.

#4 Dry the truck. Open all the doors, the hood, the tail gate...everything. While you have the doors open, vacuum the inside.

#5 Polish the truck. Personally, I use Meguires Pure Polish. I would also suggest using a decent quality buffer. You can get away with using a random orbital. If you don't know how to use a variable speed or DA...you can screw up your paint. Doing the polish by hand doesn't do nearly the same job as using a buffer.

#6. Wax the truck. I personally like to use liquid over paste. i just think it is easier to work with. I go back and forth between Adam's and The Chemical Guy's buttery wax. I should also mention, keep the products away from plastic. If you think you are gonna hit it by accident...blue painters tape. Tape up the window trim and stuff. Or, just stay away from it.

#7 Dress the exterior plastic and tires. Do this before you remove the wax.

#8 Dress the interior

#9 Windows, exterior interior or vice versa...personal preference. Make sure you use a automotive window cleaner, and not your mom's windex. Especially if you have tint. If you have acid rain on you windows, you can also clay your glass, as well as wax it...just keep it away from the trim and the wipers.

From here is up to you...if you want to wax your wheels, polish your exhaust, polish your lights etc...but I think I pretty well hit everything.

Also, check out this web site. I personally don't use Meguires, other than for their polish. Not saying it is bad stuff, just have found that I like Adams and the Checmical Guys.

And, as far as maintaining the paint, you can never go wrong with Fukken Wax!

meguiars.com: FAQ - What's the difference between polish and wax? (Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle)

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn assasin you could easily turn that into a nice diy if you take pics

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cant wait until october nov when its not hot as balls outside every day, until then my favorite thing to use after I wash it is Nu-Finish cling, works real nice.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
More like a wax really. You spray it on the paint and rub it in and buff it out. I find that it leaves a really nice smooth waxed feel, not greasy like the other quick waxes ive tried. I use it every other time i wash the truck, its too damn hot out here to really go after the paint the buffer n all.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will but i barely ever let my truck get real dirty it sits in the garage most of the time wont be much of a before picture. With the truck being silver n all its more of a great feel to the paint when i do it.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will but i barely ever let my truck get real dirty it sits in the garage most of the time wont be much of a before picture. With the truck being silver n all its more of a great feel to the paint when i do it.

Wish I could find a garage big enough for my truck to fit in.

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
I follow Meguiars 5 step process to a T. I also use exclusively all Meguiars products. If you have any questions let me know.