Leather care in a Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flysooner9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 & 2000
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Recently got a 15' Ram Limited. Was wondering what the best options were for caring for the full grain leather. I saw the manual says just use warm water and a light soap but was wondering if theres any kind of conditioner i should use on it?

kyndacrazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use a product from Leather Masters called leather protection cream. This stuff works wonders. For cleaning, they have a soft cleaner. You can buy both on Amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
I've been using Meguiars Rich Leather Conditioner on mine since I've owned it. But I plan on switching over to Adams Leather Conditioner once this bottle is gone. I've had nothing but fantastic results with all the Adams products I've used so I plan to slowly switch over all my detailing products to Adams as my current stock runs out.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
I use Adam's Leather Cleaner & Conditioner in my Ram.

Adam's Interior and Leather Car Cleaner Kit | Detailing a Car

Adam's Leather Care Kit will renew your old leather seating surfaces or keep your new interior preserved. The specially formulated products, applicators, and towels give you everything you need to keep your interior looking great for years to come!

Adam's Leather Care Kit has the exact tools you need to remove scuffs, stains, and even blue jean transfer from leather surfaces including vintage tanned leathers and modern factory coated leathers. Best of all Adam's Leather Products contain no lanolin, oils, or other animal by products. This means they're safe to use on all your hard interior surfaces, including the dash, door panels, and trim.

Like all Adam's Premium Car Care Products this Leather Care Kit is guaranteed to please! Give as a gift to your favorite detailing enthusiast or treat your car to a luxurious cleaning.

JaredRAM2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I was using 303 aerospace on the "leather" seats in my Trans Am. It made it feel much softer.

I am glad to see people actually cleaning/conditioning their leather. Nothing makes me cringe worse than opening the door on an older leather vehicle and it being dry, cracked, and flaking. the mid 90's chevy trucks have been the worst I have seen.

duhdonutman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lexol here too. I used to use meguiars at a minimum once a month, but noticed some issues in my Saab's leather. i think realized that it could be related to the extra sets of 20#s i subjected my seats to.

I have a product from chemical guys that's supposed to be specific for use on black and darker leathers so once i'm out of one of my bottles of Lexol i'll switch.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
So, if you are using any product that is like a gel or paste what do you use on with ventilated seats will the millions of little holes in them? Wouldn't many of the products clog the holes?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It will be fine if you don't drowned it. I've not had the problem you describe.
Jay

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have read that the new interiors are sealed and these products just sit on top of the sealed leather. is this not true?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my 16 it seems to soak in and then I wipe the excess off with a soft dry towel. I'll double check just to make sure though, now that you brought it up. Where did you get your information?
Jay

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
pullya, i think i read that on the z, not really sure.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
pullya...forget last answer, came out of the manual on leather interior care for wifes' new 2016 cherokee limited with premium leather package.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Steve,
Let me keep checking
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Steve,
I just finished doing my front seats in my 16 Sports with the leather interior. The Lexol appeared to soak in a little and then I wiped the excess off with a soft dry towel. The Lexol didn't just stay on the surface and "bead" as water would if you put it on your truck's paint after you waxed it. I'll try to check further with some detailers on autopia and see what they have to say. I'll also check my owners manual to see if it says the same thing as yours regarding the care of the leather seats.
Jay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007