Ram Limited Dashboard Leather Bubbling and Steering Wheel becoming discolored

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USNGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
I have seen a few posts back in earlier 2023 about the leather dashboard bubbling but nothing for a few months. I also have the piece of woodgrain immediately below the center horn that is becoming discolored (browning). That part was delivered fractured-like a hammer had been taken to it-and had to be replaced. I kind of question where that replacement piece came from as I am now told Mopar does not sell just that piece and I would have to purchase the entire steering wheel but oh well, let the buyer beware right? Also, mine is the 2019, received in 2018, but with the Maxcare warranty.

Finally, I received word today, via the Dealership, Stelaris will not cover either the bubbling or the steering wheel because it is trim. To spend the extra money to buy the high-end vehicle only to see the upgraded interior quickly deteriorate in the 5th year of ownership and, truly, from very normal wear and tear, is incredibly discouraging.

Any epiphanies since summer?

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

USNGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
I am so sorry for your trouble on this as well. I have also put in a query with RamCares, please consider doing the same. Please also consider getting the repair work detailed by your dealership as Ram Cares will need to know exactly what it will take to make the repair. RamCares has engaged.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For that trim level it should definitely be done in good faith. I paid $45K for my Bighorn brand new. A lot of you are paying a shift load more than that and I do not have these trim issues.

I agree. You paid extra for the extras. Ram needs to fix it.

OP
OP
U

USNGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
For that trim level it should definitely be done in good faith. I paid $45K for my Bighorn brand new. A lot of you are paying a shift load more than that and I do not have these trim issues.

I agree. You paid extra for the extras. Ram needs to fix it.

Thank you for the support, that really helps and matters and from a Senior member of this forum.

RamCares has talked to me on the phone as well as talk to the dealership for what would need to be done. I was left with the understanding they are looking to see what level of help can be offered. I am sure there is a decision tree to be followed.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's obvious it's a defect. It's not normal wear and tear. Good luck to all having this issue.

OP
OP
U

USNGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
An update, Ram Cares has coordinated with the dealer and will be replacing the dash pad in its entirety. So, the trend does continue and, more importantly, they are not leaving us hanging or sign NDAs to get a defect resolved.

Please, consider reaching out to Ram Cares if you are experiencing this issue.

OP
OP
U

USNGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
My dealership just got the new dashboard and has scheduled the repair. Because of the cold AND the need to have staff available that can work on interior stuff, it will be a bit but RAM Cares is covering it. Frankly, I am very happy to have that level of thought put into this repair work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat