2016 Tradesman Spice up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nards444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a killer deal on a tradesman and couldnt pass it up. But being a tradesman it needed some help in a few department.

Wheels- just not down with 17in wheels anymore on trucks, they are usually blah. So I found a pair of 20in chrome ones local off a 15 with 8k miles on them flawless for $600.

Bedliner- used herculiner. So far looks great, and has held up to blocks and wood being in the truck. 4-5 hours to install. Tip: dont use the scotch pad to rough up, use 120 grit sand paper. $70

Blue tooth- Just need it and I had the RA1 non BT radio. Got on LKQ and got a RA2 BT radio and mic mirror both for $150. Needed the harness, $30. Two screws on top of the radio, and bezel pulls out, direct plug and play 10 min job. One note if you buy the RA2 radio it needs an anti theft code, make sure you get it, or at least get the VIN off the doner truck as you will need that and the radio SN to get the code. Mirror spins off counter clockwise, take the passenger visor off and the passenger pillar cover off, as well the plate on the side of the dash, theres a grey plug there.

Plastic Bumper cover- ugly being that black. Bought a painted to patch off ebay for 275. Make it easy the wheel liner needs two screws taken off, and to make your job easier take the grill off, 4 bolts on top and pull out.

Lastly, I had the blue pearl and the chrome package, so I opted for the chrome grill inserts found on amazon for 80.

So all in all probably a days worth of work. $1200 into it. I expect to make my money back on the wheels on my old ones so. I expect to maybe have 5-600 into it, when said and done.

Edit: Pretty happy sold my old wheels and radio. Spent 1200, got 600 back.

Last edited:

catch 22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
none
Pics or it didn't happen. I have a '14 Tradesman, I wanted a higher model but it was the end of model year and the last year for Black Gold Pearlcoat. So I bought the only RCSB Black Gold they could find.

Attachments

• DSC00255.jpg
    DSC00255.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 186
OP
OP
N

nards444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pics or it didn't happen. I have a '14 Tradesman, I wanted a higher model but it was the end of model year and the last year for Black Gold Pearlcoat. So I bought the only RCSB Black Gold they could find.

Yeah mine was used with 41 miles on it, so I got 12-13k off sticker couldnt walk from it it. Luckily it had the chrome package, 3.92 rear end, 5.7, good wheels for the most part. if it wasnt an optioned up tradesman I probably would have passed. So really for end of the day cost of 5-600, and short of exhaust cut outs i almost have an express.

Last edited:

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Only a few upgrades so far. This photo was stock. View attachment 72450

That truck is a Black Edition Express not a Tradesman isn't it?
A tradesman will have a body molding fascia over a metal bumper and it will not have projector headlights or a body painted bumper. Also Tradesman don't get black wheels, fog lights or body color grille surrounds. The grill surround is either flat black or chrome if that option is chosen.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Love that color.

I started out with a 14 Tradesman CC and I've done some upgrades to get the features I wanted on my truck.
I didn't want to pay for some features that came in packages with the ones I wanted so I've added them to my truck. Now I've almost got an SLT with some even higher features I've added without having to get stuff I didn't want.

This is why I love my truck because it is exactly what I want less the leather seats and the are likely coming soon.

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I spy another member of the Black Gold club :happy107: :favorites13:HtAZU9w.jpg