Aligning headlights on a 2013 Dodge Ram after leveling or lifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beavermosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram Big Horn 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L 390HP
I just recently installed the front Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit and my headlights were pointing at Jesus! So I will share how I returned the headlights to the correct angle. This tutorial may be applicable to all 4th generation Dodge Rams.

Link to Rough Country leveling kit installation: http://www.ramforum.com/f40/rough_country_leveling_kit_2013_dodge_ram-31668/

So here are a few pictures of how to adjust them. CCW adjusts down and CW adjusts up. I turned mine CCW around 2-3 turns to return to stock angle. If you can't decide the height of adjustment, adjust it and go drive it. You will figure out where it should go very quickly. Alternatively, mark a wall or building with a piece a tape before leveling or lifting your truck.

You can use a standard socket instead of the #20 Torx bit if you don't have one. It looks like an 8mm socket.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

carcandy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn cc 4x4
Engine
6.7 CTD
Nice writeup, I still haven't adjusted mine after the lift. I've gotten a couple dirty looks to say the least. I definitely need to get this done.

crzywyteboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice writeup, I still haven't adjusted mine after the lift. I've gotten a couple dirty looks to say the least. I definitely need to get this done.

I think I may have been one of the people giving you dirty looks. Lol. :jester: J/K

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have already leveled my truck and am curious how I should find the correct position for adjustment for my lights.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have already leveled my truck and am curious how I should find the correct position for adjustment for my lights.

Park your truck on a flat surface, 25 feet from a wall. Measured from the ground, the most concentrated part of the light on the wall should be 2 inches lower than the headlight on the truck.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never did this on my old silverado. People ALWAYS flashed their lights at me. I liked them being projected out a little further. I live in the country so I could actually see better with them "lifted up"

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Stock headlights are so feeble on the Gen IVs I doubt anyone would even flash you.

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get flashed all the time since my 2 1/2" RCX level. Need to do this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop427

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To the OP, great write up & pics-thank you! :happy107:

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Park your truck on a flat surface, 25 feet from a wall. Measured from the ground, the most concentrated part of the light on the wall should be 2 inches lower than the headlight on the truck.

I have the same question. Doing this after work. Is it to the bottom of the headligh? Or the center? Or?

Pay2play

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the same question about where to measure from and how many turns it takes. I read a post about someone snapping the adjuster. The socket is a 7 mm. I was turning and didn't see any movement so I stopped and turned back to what seemed like the original location. Any other input to how many turns it takes clockwise or counter clockwise would help a bunch. 2-3 turns did nothing on my truck. FYI. I have bilstien 5100s set to max lift. Looks higher in the front than my 2011 did.