Sun visor removal help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Does anybody know how to remove the sun visors completely? when I remove all the bolts, the visor hangs off of a wire that has no plug, sooo am I supposed to cut it to remove my visors completely?

Last edited:

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a plug. I've lowered my headliner on my 2014 to install an antenna and run coax. Wire harnesses above the headliner are glued so they stay in place. It's on the other side of the headliner. You may need to lower it to see.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
There is only a plug if you have the lighted sun visors. You have to pull fairly hard to remove them from the mounts and then pull them down till enough of the wire comes down to unplug them.

OP
OP
RAMYOU

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I see.. the thing is lowering the headliner is probly gona be very involved so Im tryna avoid that. Also I tried pulling on that wire hoping something would pop out of clip but it felt like I was gonna damage something. so I think what im gonna do is just cut that wire and reattach it when I reinstall my visors.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't cut that wire. Just lower the front of the headliner to get to the connector. What are you trying to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
If you truly want to remove them and I have several times. You need to hold the mount back with one hand and pull straight down gently wiggling it. Hold the mount tight and still! When it comes out (it will take some force) it will pop out and make and make a snapping noise, but again ghouls bam the mount and the headliner firmly so you do not damage it.

OP
OP
RAMYOU

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yess. the wire came out and I was able to expose the plug and unplug it. Thanks for the great advice guys!! Im painting the front pillars and the visors black so the windshield looks like its tinted from outside plus it reduces sun glare.
10mir9z.jpg