2003 ram 1500 4.7 lower radiator hose blew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadwarrior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stick with me this is gonna get pretty lengthy, yesterday my lower radiator hose blew and I didn't notice until my truck shut down from over heating. I got it home, replaced the hose, filled it with water and it still is running really week and won't hold an idle. There is no water in my oil, nothing coming out of the head, no water coming out of the tail pipe. I replaced the spark plugs in hopes it just fried then but I got no where. The only things I could imagine would be either my coils are fried or it's my O2 censor. I have no reall clue at this point where the major lose of power is coming from.......please help

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
and CE lights? you can try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 10 sec or so...any odd noises when it running?

barns1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I know this is late, but maybe it will help someone. Did you purge the air from the cooling system using the allen plug? It will run hot and throw the computer off till you do, causing it to run rough.