4.7 misfire on #2/#8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue 02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm new to this forum, I need help with my 02 4.7 having multiple misfire . I've checked n changed plugs, coils n injectors. Still have misfire on #2 n # 8. Any suggestions would be great

07rambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have u checked to see if your getting spark in those cylinders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
Are you using copper or iridium plugs? I had a problem with #3 in mine, I had swapped to iridium when I had problems with mine. Even bought the higher end ngk plugs. After replacement, had same misfire. So I went back to buy the OEM copper replacements, smooth sailing after that. Idk if that was specifically what caused it, but I'm guessing dodge put those is specifically for that model yr for a reason. I made sure the replacements were gapped properly. That could be another problem you're having

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warrpath4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 mega cab 1500 / 2006 mega cab 3500 Cummins
Engine
2007 Hemi / 2006 Cummins 5.9
Are you using copper or iridium plugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine wasn't noticeably missing but I had intermittent check engine lights for multiple coil issues, the previous owner put bosch platinum 4 plugs in and while they looked fairly new, I put in just champion copper plugs and have not had another light come on, and it isn't as sluggish taking off or climbing a hill.