03 1500 5.7 Hemi misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mkrogh14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
When getting off the Highway truck started running like crap. Was about 5 mins from the house. When I got home hooked up the obt 2 and said “Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire P0300. I pulled and changed all the plugs. Truck seems to be running on like 2 cylinders. I pulled the coils 1 by 1 and had spark on the coil but no cylinder fire. Checked fuel pressure on the rail and it’s at 48psi. Was wondering if anyone had this issue before. I went and unplugged all the coil packs 1 by 1 to see if the motor would sound different but I had 1-5 unplugged and it was still running the same once I unplugged coil 6 the truck stalled so that’s how I found out I was having nothing from 1-5

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do a compression test on cylinder that has the misfire a low reading will tell you if a cam/lifter is in your future, you could also have an injector 1or2 clogged, put some Seafoam in your gas tank and see if it runs better be patient, how many miles?