CV joint issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonefishin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,

I have an '07 1500 and the passenger side CV joint went on me. I'm trying to take it out myself but am having issues. I've pried the inner joint away from the diff, but it looks like the axle is coming out of the diff and not just the female end coming off the stub...and on the new assembly I have, it should be a female end. Is this right? Is the whole stub supposed to come out?

Thanks in advance.

427invader

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am going to replace the cv axles in my '04 1500 when I can afford them. You are correct that you should have a female end come out only.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same thing is happening to me on both sides. Still trying to figure out a way for them to come out correctly. They are seized on the stub shaft which should not come out with the cv's. Let us know OP if you found a solution.

slimvela

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
most high mileage vehicles will have the cv axles "seize" with the intermediate shafts. just spend the extra $50(lft)/$90(rt) on the intermediate shaft, pick up a new "c-spring-clip" to replace the one that is "seized" in the bad assembly and you're done.

I've done a few of them on my truck this way.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990