Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tteal235

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just changed the fluid and filters in my transmission (2005 2500 5.7) and I started it and about 3 minutes after had to go. So I was idling at a red light and the truck shut off. A little while later I had to make a right turn and it was like the tranny didn't catch and rev'd really higher. And if I stop in drive and even in 4wd it shuts off on idle. Is it me being paranoid and the fluid just needs to get through the transmission or did I mess something up?

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the flat filter, did you replace the O ring seal that is set into the housing? If you repaced it did you seat the seal in the housing first before installing the filter or...did you leave the seal on the neck?

OP
OP
Tteal235

Tteal235

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced everything and made sure it all sat back into place but I put the seal on the neck first

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I had something happen similar on my Durango. I know it sucks but I would drain it and open it back up. What happened for me is I used a parts store flat filter and it actually cracked in half. I know I did not over tighten as I have always done this type of work myself but the filter was just really cheap junk. I am not even sure if it had metal on it. It made it seem like the torque converter was shot but it was just the filter! Replaced with mopar filters and never looked back.