Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHewett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I have a 2007 Ram 2500 5.9l Cummins. When the engine is cold, the transmission shifts great. When the temp gets around 180-190, the transmission starts shifting from OD to Drive back to OD. Once I get to to around 60 mph, it usually will stay in OD but if I accelerate, it doesn’t want to stay there. About 2 years ago I had 1700 dollars worth of work done to it. Will a fluid/filter change help or could it be an electrical issue? My voltometer stays around 14 volts. I had a check engine light a few days ago but it has since went off. The last time it came on, I had it scanned and was told it was the OD sensor. I’m stumped as I’m clueless on transmissions ‍♂️

OP
OP
R

RHewett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Also, I know my crank case filter is on my valve cover and I wanna change it but I’m reading on this year truck, the entire valve cover has to be replaced in order to do so? Is this correct?

K Price

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good afternoon sports fans,
I have a 2016 2500 - 6.7L W/ DG7-6 68RFE transmission. My "good friends" at my local dealer is trying to tell me that a torque for a 2018 - 2024 will work for my truck. The Mopar site says it "Will NOT work for my vehicle"
I believe I'm getting more run-around from them. Is there a transmission tech on line that could share some info on this.
Any intel would be greatly appreciated.

K.

K Price

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
* oops "torque converter"

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads