Are all Oil filters the same ?Are you just paying for a name or brand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run the Mobil 1 filters, after reading Bob the Oil Guy and other cut open comparisons.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I support Mobil 1 filters all the way. I have almost 100k and my oil still come out pretty clear.

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mopar or Fram extended guard for me

some people say if you cut any filter open its the same thing.. but i dont trust that. like Zack said, expensive truck might as well spend and extra couple bucks and ease your mind

Red 2012 Crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As long as you change your filter regularly it won't make any differance in a pickup truck. I run a fleet of tractors and have a couple of big trucks so I have researched this topic alot. A pickup only uses 75% of its power maybe 10% of the time, (if that makes any sense). It doesn't need the protection that a tractor that uses 90-95% of its power 75% of the time and in dirtier conditions all the time than most of our trucks ever see. Just make sure you change your oil and filter every 3000 miles with conventional oil and 5000-10000 with synthetic and you will be just fine.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Good one I Like That and very True for me as only 10% of the Time do i have the gas pedal 3/4 of the way down to the floor...LOL...Joke

But seriously I don't want a cheap oil filter on my old truck as I am using a 6.1 oil pump and often will hit 6400 RPM while shifting the B&M.

Last edited:

Bigdaddyii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I either use Mobil 1 in both trucks or Mopar for my Ram and Motorcraft for my F150. I don't guess it would matter much what I run on there as I dump the oil (Mobil 1 as well) every 5k anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Amsoil Oil and Filter

I used to use Mobil 1 Filter and Royal Purple Oil and had great luck as well

scott2488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not all oil filters are made the same. I worked for a Company that made oil filters and we used steel end caps in the filters. there are companies that use paper end caps in their filters. Just like the commercial says.

I also know that the company that i worked for bought out Fram filters and i would not hesitate to use the filters.

S

scotts2012ram

I use mopar filters I see it as it one less thing they can try to blame. I don't really like them to me there made of thin metal on my first oil change. I bent the hole filter like a coke can getting it off its time for the 2nd will see how it does. I've tired frams on my other trucks I loss pressure every time its only 2-5 psi but I just don't like that.