Spray guns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Alright I know we got a few guys around here that use them. What kind of HVLP spray guns do y'all use? Just got a siphon HVLP kobalt brand and wasn't to happy with it was blowing out chunks of paint. First time I ever used a real spray fun and the first time with this primer. Looked like popcorn paint after I got done. What y'all think sprayer or paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might not be the gun, might be your settings and I/m guessing you strained the primer when putting it into the siphon cup?

There may be something on the nozzle or fowling the nozzle, Also check air pressure and moisture in the air line you are using. If it is blowing out chunks them you need to use a strainer when pouring the paint/primer into the siphon cup. if its just splatter look what I mentioned, its throwing to much paint or the spray pattern isn't "clean" and the nozzle is fowled or defective.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Might not be the gun, might be your settings and I/m guessing you strained the primer when putting it into the siphon cup?

There may be something on the nozzle or fowling the nozzle, Also check air pressure and moisture in the air line you are using. If it is blowing out chunks them you need to use a strainer when pouring the paint/primer into the siphon cup. if its just splatter look what I mentioned, its throwing to much paint or the spray pattern isn't "clean" and the nozzle is fowled or defective.

Yup or it could be the viscosity is to high for the gun. For primer usually a 1.8 to 2.5 mm nozzle is used.

I use a Sharpe Finex 3000 for my topcoats as I'm a decent amateur paintr but the good painter use Iwata and other 500 t0 800 dollar guns. The finex is about $125.

I would recommend you spend a fair amount of time on youtube watching videos of the paint types you are trying to spray. They are pretty good on how to spray and also setup the gun.

For your first gun, Go to Harbor Freight and get one of their "better" gravity guns with a couple of tips and practice. They are decent guns to start with. If you do have $125 or so, try the Finex as the first one, it's a decent gun for the price. I'd stay away from the high priced one initially as that's a lot of money to muck up early.

OP
OP
Lil_Ram

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Alright thanks and yes I did strain it I was doing a lot of the how to videos for spray guns since I've always just messed with rattle cans wanted to move up to the next level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk