Squeaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBaker7777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 I just had a 6 inch lift done. Recently noticed a squeak. When you push on it from the side the squeak seems to be coming from the rear driver's side Track bar. Should there be a rubber spacer because after examining it the passenger side is tight and has a rubber spacer in it but the driver's side just has the key that you can spin around and it is not so tight. First time I have had a lifted truck and this squeaking is annoying. Picture of where it is squeaking and red circle this spins around freely and is not tight. Not sure if it should spin around freely or not.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 37

jljbtm

Reaction score
I'd like to see how it sits now got any pictures?

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should be tight, anything with a bolt, should be tight.
I had the same squeak, however mine was from
The top shock mount. There was some play in the bushing from side to side, not much but a little and that squeak drove me nuts. I grabbed some white lithium grease and haven’t had a squeak since. I tried silicone grease and WD 40 but they never worked.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your factory trackbar should be torqued to around 125ft/lbs.
That bolt in your tb bracket holding up your rear tb should not spin freely. You should have specs in your lift documentation but if not perhaps start with making that bolt snug with a pry bar, then 1/4 turn. Then take it back to the installer and let him/her know about the mishap and that you want them to check torque on everything they touched citing down safety concerns.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you guys realize this thread is over 3-1/2 years old right?

:hidesbehindsofa: :lol: