Morimoto mini's vs retrosolutions H13 full projector kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
JJ,

I was on Retro Solutions web page and noticed that in addition to the Morimoto's they have a full retro kit for the h13 headlights. Is one better than the other? Which would be the easiest to install, if I decided to try it myself? And can you get both items? Only see the mini's on your website.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
morimoto, is hands down the best projector, imho. that's why jj uses it

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
When it comes to projectors there are a LOT of different ones out there, ranging from cheap ****, to cheaper ****, to good, midline and just flat ******* awesome.

The ones Todd sells (the H13 ones) are the "G3" projectors. They are a good projector, tagged with some great HIDs. :D Performance wise........not as good as the Morimotos.

Price wise, I believe the Morimotos are a little higher, but the few bucks is well worth it in this case.

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
is there any housing modifications needed to the RAM duals for the morimoto's to fit? Really want to upgrade the lights, but budget is tight on mods right now. I could probably swing the DIY kit, but not much more. Any photos out there showing the difference between drop in HID vs full retro with HID?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You will here a lot of opinions on this. Truthfully, the Ram housings are not designed for an HID bulb. That being said, the light pattern from the Gen IV housings isn't terrible wtih HIDs in them.

With THAT said, the light pattern (both on the road, and the glare for other drivers) is greatly improved with a projector housing. I am personally running a Morimoto D2S projector housing (to work with previously purchased components) and I absolutely love them. The light is almost perfectly smooth (only a tiny 'warm' spot) and the cut off is crisp and delightful.

This bit about Morimoto's being the BEST projectors is far from the truth. But they are a darned good one, in the retrofit world, they are considered a cheap viable alternative. Their main benefit is installation ease.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
This bit about Morimoto's being the BEST projectors is far from the truth. But they are a darned good one, in the retrofit world, they are considered a cheap viable alternative. Their main benefit is installation ease.

Bang for your buck, they are VERY hard to beat. :naughty:

Yeah, there is always something better out. Heck, I have a set of TL projectors and a set of FXR v3 sitting at home right now. The TLs are about the size of a softball, no way they would fit (nicely) in our lights. LOTS of hacking on those.

The FXRs, I think with some ingenuity would fit in the quads.........but it would be a lot of fabbing too.

Its really hard to beat the Morimoto H1 projectors. With the 5th revision of them (current ones), they have addressed a few small concerns from buyers, making them even better. :D I recently saw a few pics of the MH1 vs a LS460......and for the difference in parts costs (approx 150 bucks) and labor ($$) - well, its not like these were cheap to start with. :Grenade:

Here's a thread I just popped up about the differences in the 3 common setups we see on our trucks - stock, drop in HID and projectors. http://www.ramforum.com/f96/stock-vs-drop-hids-vs-projectors-19497/