Sport/ Express with Bull Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looking at potentially putting a bull bar on my 14 Express. Wondering how many people have added this to their truck. I would like to have an off road bumper, but I know they dont really make them for our style of trucks.

So, hoping some people can post pics of what they have.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Looking at potentially putting a bull bar on my 14 Express. Wondering how many people have added this to their truck. I would like to have an off road bumper, but I know they dont really make them for our style of trucks.

So, hoping some people can post pics of what they have.
I'm installing one today on my 14 Express. I'll post up some pics for you this afternoon.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, here is the one I used.

Lund 27121204 Black Bull Bar with Integrated LED Light Bar:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WA4BGS4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

Added bonus with this bar, it can retain the OEM tow hooks if you have added them to your express or sport AND you don't have to relocate the front license plate if your state requires one.

I am ordering a 19" x 1" custom yellow film tint from Lamin-X to match the light bar to my fog lights. I haven't wired in the light yet as I am trying to find the best way to wire them in with the high beams, but also have a cut off switch in case I don't want the light bar on.

Install takes some time, I would say the hardest part is removing and re-installing the lower black plastic splash guard after you have cut the 1" x 8" holes in it to accomodate the mouting brackets (instruction say 1" x 4" but the longer hole gives you better clearance to reinstall). Cutting is pretty easy and its on the bottom of the truck so if you mess up it is not something you have to look at daily.

One other modification to the Lund install instructions, the rear tow hook brace says to install it to the inside of the bracket, but with the tow hooks installed it will interfere with the bull bar bracket itself as both will be sharing a lower hole. I moved this bracket to the outside and the bull bar bracket to the inside and all fit well.

I was running out of day light so if you want more pictures of the install I can take them tomorrow, but it's pretty straight forward.

IMAG0076.jpg

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That thing looks beefy, dang.

Does it have spots to mount more lighting on top?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm really satisfied with it so far. The fit and finish exceeded my expectations. The finish on it is line-x "like"...

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Side profile shot would be awesome when you get time. I am also interested to see how the light bar performs.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Will do, I'll post up once the light is functional. Hopefully later this week.

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I would just wire them to their own switch. Probably be the easiest without just wiring into an existing light.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You are probably right, but I was thinking I wanted them to come on with the high-beams but be able to be turned off with a switch.

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at a Rhino bull bar with the 3 inch lights and I contacted Autoanything the operator recommended this bar. When I showed my friend that was going to install it for me he talked me out of it, but seeing the picture I really like the way it looks.

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You are probably right, but I was thinking I wanted them to come on with the high-beams but be able to be turned off with a switch.

Sounds more complicated and in the end you still have a switch haha. Might as well just have a switch just for the lights. :favorites13:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I was looking at a Rhino bull bar with the 3 inch lights and I contacted Autoanything the operator recommended this bar. When I showed my friend that was going to install it for me he talked me out of it, but seeing the picture I really like the way it looks.
Stay tuned...I'll do a more complete review once I have the LED working (which I will probably just buy a switch and call it a day).

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That thing looks beefy, dang.

Does it have spots to mount more lighting on top?

Sorry, didn't answer your question...no, there are no pre-drilled locations to mount a light bar on top. I'm not sure if it would work well as the shape of the bar is more oval than round. For me, this was ideal to have the light bar integrated as Illinois requires an unobstructed front license plate.

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Oh ok. Yeah I live in Kansas. We don't run front plates.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Subscribed . For more pics

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hook it up already!!

And one one person has a bull bar lol. Post em up!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hook it up already!!

And one one person has a bull bar lol. Post em up!
Switch and rigid harness comes in tomorrow. I'm using an SPDT switch but will only be wiring up the on/off feature until I figure out the best way to have the high beams trigger the second "on" position (for auto on with highs).

Hopefully I'll have something to post tomorrow night.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Here is the side shot...

IMAG0077.jpg

It needs to be adjusted outward some but it will do for now (notice the oval shape).

My phone camera is crap so I used the video from my dashcam DVR and uploaded it to YouTube here (watch in 1080P you really only need to see the first 1:10 seconds)...

https://youtu.be/cAVvvZ_leVA

let me know if you want specific pictures and I'll get them.

Last edited:

wedge775

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My 2010 Sport CC, color matched my skid plate. Wanted something different

Attachments

• IMG_20150926_153413721_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150926_153413721_HDR.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 117

Latest posts