‘17 Ram Big Horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wil69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my wife says I have been a good boy and I could buy a new truck.... :)

Took 2 weeks but finally found one with the right options.

Now to go over to the detailing threads and find out how to take care of black. Might be a full time job. :)

Thank you to all of with your great threads. I have been lurking for a little over a week learning and taking in all the info. Great job!!!

Hope you guys have a great day!

Wil

150CC68B-B84D-43F8-BA08-F01302FCE897.jpeg

B8DBCF94-AB30-451A-A98A-BC4A69344862.jpeg

Last edited:

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck and congratulations! My advice would be to have it professionally detailed then ceramic coated front-to-back and top-to-bottom...and just drive it and hand wash it and enjoy it!

OP
OP
W

Wil69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck and congratulations! My advice would be to have it professionally detailed then ceramic coated front-to-back and top-to-bottom...and just drive it and hand wash it and enjoy it!
Thanks I really like that idea. I will look into detailers next week.
I get the truck tomorrow, the first mod has been done even before I signed the papers as the BF ko2’s were just being put on the rims and the truck was still on the lift.
Wil

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum, Wil.

OP
OP
W

Wil69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting the truck ready to pick up the camper next week, added Rockwell SC27215V Rear coils to the rear.

IMO, much better ride, not as floaty and raised the rear about 1.5". I will try to find pics for comparison as soon as I can.

Been, little over a month, and 5000 kms (3000 miles). Best mileage I have received is 11L per 100 kms so far on the highway.

Only issue, was the a/c, they needed to replace some seals. Was very impressed with the service. Dropped it off at 9 am and had it back by noon. (Much better than the old owners.)

Wil

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to RF, get ceramic coating on the paint and you’ll be fine

OP
OP
W

Wil69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well we made it!

Truck did pretty well, no issues braking. If I was going to tow the camper around a lot, I would buy a 2500. For the occasional move, I will stick with my 1500.

One of the things I have noticed in comparison to my previous truck ('06 F350) is how much more economical the parts cost. Bilstein shocks are still on the agenda soon.

I am not too much of a cosmetic kind of guy but I would really like LED blacked out headlights and rear tail lights in the future.

Overall though, 8000 kms (5000 miles) and it just keeps logging km's. The only problem is, the wife has started to take a liking for my truck... :(

Wil

truck_camper.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How to take care of black - buy a white truck :)

JK....nice looking truck! (and slightly serious - I have a black car and truly believe what they say on the detailing forums: "black vehicles are a full time job")

OP
OP
W

Wil69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

JK....nice looking truck! (and slightly serious - I have a black car and truly believe what they say on the detailing forums: "black vehicles are a full time job")
But I wanted the fastest colour, not the slowest... :p
Honestly, I tried for white but the closest one was 8 hr drive and I had no time to do a road trip... :(

It practically is a full time job to keep clean, but I usually only wash it once a week. Worst part is, I am getting too fussy to have the chamy place do it because they miss too much... lol

Wil

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Hey, Wait, WHAT???? NOW I find that out!! Oh well, guess I will be the exception to the rule...lol

20180509_151937.jpg