03 TMR Delete Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbfodalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not sure if I have Jtec or not, you'll have to tell me how to acertain this, but I pulled bottom plug on ecm, found the yellow wire with green stripe, cut it, taped the ends to close them off, and bamm, my truck now peels out easily. it definitely harder shifts, and sometimes if I am in 3rd and slow down, it downshifts with a little clunk. but man does this cheap mod really wake up my truck. here is my vin, V1D7HU18N73S338670, now we have a new topic, whats a jtec?

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
not sure if I have Jtec or not, you'll have to tell me how to acertain this, but I pulled bottom plug on ecm, found the yellow wire with green stripe, cut it, taped the ends to close them off, and bamm, my truck now peels out easily. it definitely harder shifts, and sometimes if I am in 3rd and slow down, it downshifts with a little clunk. but man does this cheap mod really wake up my truck. here is my vin, V1D7HU18N73S338670, now we have a new topic, whats a jtec?

DESCRIPTION - PCM
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is located
in the right-rear section of the engine compartment
under the cowl (Fig. 5).
Two different PCM’s are used (JTEC and
NGC). These can be easily identified. JTEC’s
use three 32–way connectors, NGC’s use four
38–way connectors

This is the pin-out and there is no reference to TMR for a 4.7. The only YL/DG wire is for the 5.7. Doesn't mean the pin-out is correct but does confuse things when looking up. As long as it is working I'm thinking go for it. This might help other 4.7 owners as it has always been thought the TMR is for 5.7.

H6SXsb.jpg

Last edited:

cbfodalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well according to your post, I must have the ngc, as I said in my post, my ecm has 4 connectors. I pulled bottom connector, found yellow wire with green stripe and cut it. sorry, about confusion, the pic only showed three connectors, the 4th was down lower, hard to get a good angle with that hose in way.

cbfodalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
gas mileage is suffering a little, not sure if its just me having fun with this or just a result of tmr delete. I think the tmr delete may be hurting highway mileage? I need to do more comprehensive track to see.

cbfodalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After driving truck for a couple days with tmr delete mod I see no downside
the truck is much more responsive and shifts are firmer.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
After driving truck for a couple days with tmr delete mod I see no downside
the truck is much more responsive and shifts are firmer.

That's the general comments I've heard from those who have done this mod.

rparker762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
I did this same thing but I used male and female butt connectors so if I ever had to take it in for service, I could reconnect it. While I understand it is supposed to only work the 1-2 shift, I feel a difference in the 2-3 as well under full WOT.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
The newer trucks I'm told can have the TMR reduced but not 100% eliminated. I prefer to eliminate it totally. As for dealers, you are well out of warranty so avoid them.

Egress

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
Stock 235hp 4.7L/287 V-8
...My ecm has 4 connectors. I pulled bottom connector, found yellow wire with green stripe and cut it...

Have any other 03 4.7's out there done this? I will add this to a list of things to research and try for myself.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Have any other 03 4.7's out there done this? I will add this to a list of things to research and try for myself.

If you have the Torque Management Request wire, then cut it, you won't be disappointed.

Egress

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
Stock 235hp 4.7L/287 V-8
I have looked at the diagrams for a while now and I do not think this is MOD is possible with the 03 4.7 as it does not have TMR Sense. I Think this other guy... if he actually did cut anything 1) cut something other than what he thought, causing another component to not function properly, then suffered from the placebo affect or 2) he did the impossible.

According to wiring diagrams it is not possible, because the item does not exist in the case of 2003 4.7's.

I will however still keep this on my list of "make it a point to..." things and will physically search for the wire on my connectors. I will search specifically for this Yellow/Dark Green wire that was supposedly cut from the bottom 38-pin connector. If I do find it, I will remove the wire and give a detailed write-up on the results (sometimes around Easter).

Not trying to be a D*ck here, I just don't like it when incorrect information is given to people who are after accurate information about taking care of their vehicles. :Frustrated:

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I have looked at the diagrams for a while now and I do not think this is MOD is possible with the 03 4.7 as it does not have TMR Sense. I Think this other guy... if he actually did cut anything 1) cut something other than what he thought, causing another component to not function properly, then suffered from the placebo affect or 2) he did the impossible.

According to wiring diagrams it is not possible, because the item does not exist in the case of 2003 4.7's.

I will however still keep this on my list of "make it a point to..." things and will physically search for the wire on my connectors. I will search specifically for this Yellow/Dark Green wire that was supposedly cut from the bottom 38-pin connector. If I do find it, I will remove the wire and give a detailed write-up on the results (sometimes around Easter).

Not trying to be a D*ck here, I just don't like it when incorrect information is given to people who are after accurate information about taking care of their vehicles. :Frustrated:

Post #42 is straight out of the 03 manual and I see no indication the 4.7 has TMR. Maybe a picture of what was cut can clarify what was done? Good luck...

rparker762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7l
I simply cut the wire before the plug and installed m/f quick connect fitting so if I ever decide to sell the truck, either I or the next owner can simply connect the ends and be done.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I simply cut the wire before the plug and installed m/f quick connect fitting so if I ever decide to sell the truck, either I or the next owner can simply connect the ends and be done.

That'll work...

scribbleheli

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I about ready to do this to my new to me Ram 2500.

Can someone point out the right wire in the pic?
it says #10, yellow wire, green stripe? But on the connection there are many spots where a wire is missing making it hard to tell which was pulled and which was just empty.

OP
OP
Redtruck-VA

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
There is only one YL/DG wire, as for finding the #10 hole. Count all the holes whether empty or not and you will be at #10.

scribbleheli

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well I removed the yellow wire with the green trace.
And, I honestly don't feel that much of a difference. I don't hammer on it very often though.

Power wire and pressure booster next!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You won't until you hammer it. Just remember to take it out of OD when you do.