'05 Hemi Oil Pressure loss/LOUD ticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tjf0725

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thread Title pretty much sums it up... have an '05 2500 with a 5.7 in it and after it's been running and driving for a while (never does it cold ) the oil pressure will drop to zero and my Check Gauges light pings. Thought it was a fluke but then it starts ticking/tapping MUCH louder than typical Hemi lifted tick. Pull over. Turn it off. Start her back up and the issue is gone. Sometimes it stays gone for weeks.... other times I have to repeat that process 5 times in 20 minutes. ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY does it after running for long periods (Hour+++) Runs fine when it's cold or in short drives. Anyone got any ideas???

rcaryl8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure what the problem may be, but just as a warning, my oil pressure completely dropped off while driving on the highway and as I was getting ready to pull off to see what was going on, the engine locked right up.

jamestaylor47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Check Codes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
The first thing I'm going to ask when was the last time you checked the oil ?The lifters start rattling they are starving for oil that is a sign no oil or no oil pressure.If it did have oil then your oil pump is shot and it isn't pumping oil to the rest of the engine.I hope you haven't screwed your engine up but it doesn't sound to good.