10k in Mods on Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Years ago I had one on my 8.1 big block. 1042 lbs of torque. It was too much for my 6 speed in my truck. 6 clutches over 3 years. $750 every time. But a lot of fun was had. I also had a 1988 911 Turbo. A super charger is more fun to me. Look my name up on the internet. Ken Harrison classic car radios. That was my company before I retired. So you see I have been there done that. LOL AGAIN.
Last on the menu. I really hope you end up with everything you want on your truck. I guess sometimes I forget what I used to do but wish you and all your endeavors the very best in the future. Happy Holidays to you and all your family and friends. Thanks for the memories.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@56PW17 you’re going to spend 10k on the 19 getting the center console installed or your biggest beef was the towing ability? I know you tow that big trailer.
If you play along with the tread, would you mod it for work?
Hi,

I would spend the 10k on

tires and wheels
airbag set up for towing
exterior lighting all sides
Bedslide
Bedcover
Firearm storage(not the armrest kind)

Yes I would do the center console again but between selling my old stuff and buying the new it really didn’t cost close to anything

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Hi,

I would spend the 10k on

tires and wheels
airbag set up for towing
Bedslide
Bedcover

Yes I would do the center console again but between selling my old stuff and buying the new it really didn’t cost close to anything
Oh yeah air bags are on my short list as well as on board air.
I did a vault in my last build, under the backseat for places I could not take my conceal carry into.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh yeah air bags are on my short list as well as on board air.
I did a vault in my last build, under the backseat for places I could not take my conceal carry into.
Nice. I normally travel with 7-12 long guns do to my business. My storage needs to be a bit larger than under seat.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Nice. I normally travel with 7-12 long guns do to my business. My storage needs to be a bit larger than under seat.
Oh okay. The bed vault would be more your size then.
I use my tool box underneath my cover in the hunting season for that as it is water proof when I need to leave rifles in my truck unattended.

for those of you that think you are going to come rob me at the “perfect time” now, know that I’m always locked and loaded! Haha

EODHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi,

I would spend the 10k on

tires and wheels
airbag set up for towing
Bedslide
Bedcover

Saw a pretty bad ass set-up for gun storage using the Ram Box somewhere. Maybe amazon. Looks like it had 5 rifles per box, with both interior locks and the ram box lock itself as security .

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Saw a pretty bad ass set-up for gun storage using the Ram Box somewhere. Maybe amazon. Looks like it had 5 rifles per box, with both interior locks and the ram box lock itself as security .
That’s interesting. The length an depth is probably good for a few.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
That should be your Avatar picture. that’s something I thought we only did in Texas. Haha. There is hope for the northern states after all...

nice setup for sure!!

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Yeah but in my 10k build I did not include a bed rack spare or swing gate. So would have to modify my track bar to fit 37” spare. Some run-flats would be a cool option.
So I figured out how to get a 37 inch tire under the truck. You deflated put a ratcheting strap around the tire and crank it down to 35” and bring and air supply.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
So I figured out how to get a 37 inch tire under the truck. You deflated put a ratcheting strap around the tire and crank it down to 35” and bring and air supply.
That’s a great way to permanently deform your tire though

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That should be your Avatar picture. that’s something I thought we only did in Texas. Haha. There is hope for the northern states after all...

nice setup for sure!!
Thats just a pic off of google lol, not my setup

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
That’s a great way to permanently deform your tire though
True. Was thinking short term to off road one weekend. Perhaps a 5 tire rotation frequently or prevent the tire from deforming??

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I’m so old and have so much experience with a smaller spare that I’m set in my ways on keeping a 35” as my spare under my truck even though I run 37”. I did the math for a friend last week and I have driven 720,000 on my own vehicles and been off road 135,000 of it. Good times...

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Thats just a pic off of google lol, not my setup
Oh. Dang. Well it needs to be your setup! Haha. (If you like guns/hunting)
Y’all’s boxes completely water tight? Or it leaks a little in driving water like a bad storm or a car wash?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh. Dang. Well it needs to be your setup! Haha. (If you like guns/hunting)
Y’all’s boxes completely water tight? Or it leaks a little in driving water like a bad storm or a car wash?

Ive never had any water get in there. But i only wash the truck every other day so not a good test really...