14 1500 v8 with the "Service ABS" light...but having otehr issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MMSaab67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.6 hemi
So I see everyone has had the service ABS light come on and your dash lights up like christmas. I changed my brakes and bought the abs sensors though I haven't replaced the senor yet. However, The lights just came on maybe at 90k miles im at 112k miles now and they don't come on everytime sometimes its every few starts and sometimes its randomly while driving and goes off randomly while driving. However, I noticed that my crusie control doesn't work now. Also, My truck is possessed. There's times the RPM's will jump for no reason and I can drive 2 or 3 miles with my foot off the gass and the vehicle is steadily speeding up before he begins to slow down. No major issues though I mean I drive over 100 miles a day. However, I am looking at purchasing a camper soon and I am worried that there might be issues with it. I will replace the ABS sensor today but I was just curious if anyone had the other issues with the the abs issue and if its safe to tow a camper with it. 429604311_927424251966524_8534089196268816855_n.jpg

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Do you have AlphaOBD? You should scan for codes. Since you have modules, disconnect battery and replace. Then reconnect battery, cycle through a couple on/off/drive cycles for about an hour and then scan for codes again. Then the diagnostic process can start. Be careful if the continue to run after lifting off throttle issue.

Eray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine did the same once it was the speed sensor on top of the diff my exhaust fell and broke it and then right in front of the brake booster by the battery theres a brake module and water loves to collect in them does it happen more in wet weather