14 outdoorsman hemi 1500 belt squeel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe haddock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a new to me 14 outdoorsman that the belt squeals about 1200-1500 rpm while coasting . so I changed the pulley ,tensioner and belt . the noise went away for a couple of days and came back. I checked it with a stethoscope and thought the noise was from pulley so I replaced everything again thinking it was pulley . noise is still there sound like the pulley still . Any ideas ? thanks

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does it slip with the AC off?

Which pulley did you replace, if I can ask?

How does the alternator pully look? And the AC compressor belt pulley? A new (good) pulley should have squared-off edges at the top of the grooves. If you see sharp edges that indicates a worn alternator pulley and can cause squealing. A squealing belt usually indicates slippage and slippage can wear an alternator pulley, or an AC compressor pulley.

Check the harmonic belt pulley too, just for the heck of it.

What brand belt are you using? My preference would be a Gates or Goodyear belt (or Mopar) myself...

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Make sure your water pump isn't leaking a little. The wetness on the belt will make it squeal.