1978 W-200 value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buckiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was Wondering the value of my 1978 W-200 (3/4 ton 4x4). It is an Adventurer SE (which was the highest model in 78) It's got air, tilt, cruse and it all works. It is a two door and the interior is almost mint, no rips in the seat or floor. It is not missing a thing. It has a long box. It was repainted once and is now a golden color. The paint is in very good shape there is only two or three tiny surface scratches. There is not a single dent in the body and it is 100% straight . No rust expect a little under one wheel well. It has all of the original chrome. It almost looks showroom ready. It has 4 11 gears and a posi rear end. The engine is a 440 v8. It runs perfectly. It always starts without trouble. It has new radiator and a high performance Elderbrock carb. Nothing wrong with it. It is also automatic. 78 000 original miles. What do you think it's worth?
VERY RARE TRUCK, HAVE NEVER SEEN ANOTHER LIKE IT.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'd say no more than 4 grand, even with the right buyer.

These old Dodges unfortunately do not garner the high prices their Ford and Chebbie counterparts do. :(

OP
OP
B

Buckiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd say no more than 4 grand, even with the right buyer.

These old Dodges unfortunately do not garner the high prices their Ford and Chebbie counterparts do. :(

It's got to worth more than that, the rear end alone is worth 1000 dollars. Let alone the rest of the truck!

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
It's got to worth more than that, the rear end alone is worth 1000 dollars. Let alone the rest of the truck!

I'm just telling you what I know. I based my price off what I've seen trucks NOT sell for. Even a frame-off restored D/W truck can barely snag 8 at most. You swap a Cummins in it and it flies off the lot/driveway.

OP
OP
B

Buckiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm just telling you what I know. I based my price off what I've seen trucks NOT sell for. Even a frame-off restored D/W truck can barely snag 8 at most. You swap a Cummins in it and it flies off the lot/driveway.

But don't you think that since the truck is basically already in restored shape that it should get 6 000. It is also dodges highest end model.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
But don't you think that since the truck is basically already in restored shape that it should get 6 000. It is also dodges highest end model.

You can try, but I highly doubt you'll get what you want for it.

Believe me, I WISH these trucks carried the same price as the Chebbies and Furds, but they just don't.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
the highest i have ever seen a clean dodge go for was about $20,000 but it had a cummins diesel and it was low mileage with the stock paint and the thing was clean.

i think DD was about right pricing it. you have a gas guzzling toy. not so many people are buying gas guzzling toys anymore. you can buy a gas sipping toy for a lot less. i know of a few people who have picked up some pretty nice rust free toys for under $1000.