1990 W150 Fuel Tank Swap electrical connector issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rd383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm new here and new to the Dodge world as well (only owned Chevy's until now). I know this has been talked about in the past but I'm stuck and looking for some help. I have my late father in-laws 1990 w150 that I just pulled out of the barn that has been sitting for over 15 years. The fuel pump was trashed and after reading many posts found that you can't just buy a new pump. So I found a tank from a 91 and a bought a new fuel pump but I can not find a electrical connector anywhere. I have bought 6 different ones on the internet claiming they will fit and they are not even close. Does anyone know where I can find one? I have seen some people cut off the connector and pull the wires through the top and silicon the hole but I'm trying to avoid that if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

90D150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello I was wondering if you ever found the right plug. I'm looking for one myself.

OP
OP
R

rd383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I found a truck in a salvage yard near me and cut one off. That is the only way to get the connector. I think the early 90’s Dakota has the same plug also.

90D150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the info. I’m going to try to find one.