Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRanger208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2-liter V8 engine
Hey Y'all,

I recently inherited this 1986 Dodge Royal SE 150 from my grandfather and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a market for it. It currently has 84k miles and is in entirely original condition, runs better than ever.

Best,

AlexanderIMG_3762.jpeg

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum. I would say clean it up and keep it. If it has the 360 in it, they were pretty "thirsty".. I had a 1985 and loved it.

1701176611337.jpeg

OP
OP
T

TexasRanger208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2-liter V8 engine
Welcome to the forum. I would say clean it up and keep it. If it has the 360 in it, they were pretty "thirsty".. I had a 1985 and loved it.

View attachment 532477
Wow, that really is a beautiful truck, my family is from CDA, glad to see a fellow north Idahoian. Definitely wish I could hold onto it especially given its ties to my family history.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is a shame that you can't hang on to it, but I think it would not be too hard to sell. I would get all the info/spec on it, and put out some feelers. If the truck spent it's life out of the salt belt, any rust should be minimal. My 2013 drives night and day differently from my 1985, but I would take that truck back over the newer one. Much more basic, and to me it was more of a truck. Good luck with it. Oh, and we are right next to CDA in PF.

OP
OP
T

TexasRanger208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2-liter V8 engine
It is a shame that you can't hang on to it, but I think it would not be too hard to sell. I would get all the info/spec on it, and put out some feelers. If the truck spent it's life out of the salt belt, any rust should be minimal. My 2013 drives night and day differently from my 1985, but I would take that truck back over the newer one. Much more basic, and to me it was more of a truck. Good luck with it. Oh, and we are right next to CDA in PF.
Right, my mom was born in Kellog, family still lives in the house on the cliff at wolf lodge bay. The truck spent 30 years in a garage in New Braunfels Texas after my great grandfather died. Truly like stepping back in time. So cool.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With as crazy as used car prices are right now a solid, running, all original truck like that should fetch a pretty penny. Anything pre emissions, computers, etc. is very popular with the prepper crowd. Great SHTF vehicle, should that day come.

I'd sure find a way to keep it if I could. Even if it's renting a self-storage unit for $100 a month.