2" lift all round

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpmpest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate to be that guy, but I cant find what I'm looking for via search. I've got a crew cab and have bilsteins all around with the fronts set at 2.1 - has leveled it out nicely.

I am thinking about going 2" higher all round, so while I can find springs just fine, I cant find rear shocks to suit and my current ones wont work with raised height.

Can anybody help as to what ones I will need to get?

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like you’re looking to level the truck. I think you can go with just a set of bilstein in the front set at the highest setting. A lot of people on here go in that direction. You really don’t need anything in the back

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Several options for +2 inch shock height in the rear to match the springs. Fox/Bilstein come to mind
Nick@GotExhaust or Quickshifter on this forum can point you in the right direction.

JamesCrowe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate to be that guy, but I cant find what I'm looking for via search. I've got a crew cab and have bilsteins all around with the fronts set at 2.1 - has leveled it out nicely.

I am thinking about going 2" higher all round, so while I can find springs just fine, I cant find rear shocks to suit and my current ones wont work with raised height.

2" higher all around has you at 4" front. You are going to need a did drop or cross member drop of some sort of your CVs are going to be maxed out.
Have you been looking at 4" lifts, or what are your plans?

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

You have a lot more to worry about and do then just longer rear shocks. Sounds like you need to go see someone who specializes in lifts and have it done right or you will have all sorts of issues and ride problems.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You will need an actual lift kit to accomplish that as you want 4" of total lift up front and 2" in the rear. The Zone 4" kit is what I would recommend.

Message me and we can get you set up!

OP
OP
R

rpmpest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2" higher all around has you at 4" front. You are going to need a did drop or cross member drop of some sort of your CVs are going to be maxed out.
Have you been looking at 4" lifts, or what are your plans?
Yeah, it will. I did a bit more reading after posting this and came to the conclusion that the 4" kit is going to be the way to go.

OP
OP
R

rpmpest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you’re looking to level the truck. I think you can go with just a set of bilstein in the front set at the highest setting. A lot of people on here go in that direction. You really don’t need anything in the back
It's already leveled, I have 5100s all round and the fronts are at 2.1. I'm looking to go higher, for no reason other than I can :D

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Zone makes an outstanding lift. Good luck with your search.

Do some research in regards to the Zone UCA's and their 6" lift as well.

I love my lift package. Truck drives like a dream.
The installation has a lot to do with the ride. There are lists of folks coming in with loose brackets, upside down shocks, corners cut during installs and a whole lot of cleaning up we do. You made the right choice making the trip out. We've been seeing a lot of NJ lately.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

I don't think you're understanding the responses that you're getting. In order for you to go 2" higher "all the way around"
A bracket lift is needed. This will include new steering knuckles, front diff drop, and an assortment of relocation brackets front and rear. There is no longer spring options to raise the truck. A lot of geometry is happening especially while driving at higher speeds.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The installation has a lot to do with the ride. There are lists of folks coming in with loose brackets, upside down shocks, corners cut during installs and a whole lot of cleaning up we do. You made the right choice making the trip out. We've been seeing a lot of NJ lately.
Couldn't agree more my friend. Your shop did an amazing job on my truck as well as many other members in here.

Keep up the outstanding work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357