2 NEW Ball Joints shear within a year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PayneTRAIN16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gents,

Just joined up to get some opinion on this situation. After getting a standard Rough Country 6" lift and 35" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's in the spring of 2012 on my 2007 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi, and havin's g no unnecessary wear I have had the driver side lower ball joint shear and now the passenger side. The first: after pulling up into a yard to move into a new house, backing to the right off a curb (cutting the wheel right) the driver side failed. The local shop replaced everything since my axle ripped out as well since the ball joint was under warranty. The second:in the middle of a huge snowstorm in SE Ohio yesterday, backing out of my spot at Kroger...the passenger side sheared after backing up to the left. I'll find out monday but it should be the same case for the repair.

My question is...after two failing in less then a year after install, what would you do?

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First find out what brand ball joint the shop puts in. Make sure its at least oem quality, and not an asian knock-off.

OP
OP
P

PayneTRAIN16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Part of the lift. here's a pick I found from the first one but its pretty typical

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 141

quadcab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
I don't know if xrf is making ball joints for your truck yet but I would look into them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk