2 week delay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katokahn99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So I got an email from my State-side rep that the factory is indicating an at least 2 week delay in arrival to my dealer for delivery.
Does anyone know of what might be causing the delay? I've asked him to ask the factory what specifically is the cause of the delay, but haven't gotten a response back yet.

muleywannabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I was just at my dealer yesterday to order a new 1500 outdoorsman. The delay they tell me is the demand for the 8 speed transmission. They say 4 weeks, but we know its BS.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
So I got an email from my State-side rep that the factory is indicating an at least 2 week delay in arrival to my dealer for delivery.
Does anyone know of what might be causing the delay? I've asked him to ask the factory what specifically is the cause of the delay, but haven't gotten a response back yet.

I don't know much about the 2500's, but on my order I had a delay for something as stupid as being short on the supply of backup cameras, and even that I couldn't get a straight answer on. So, it could be a potential defect in a part or option (supposedly what may have happened with a shipment of 8 speed trannies on the 1500), or it could have something to do with the ongoing issues between Chrysler and the union. It could be a screw up with the rail cars, as in your truck may have been put on a train headed to the opposite end of the country and now has to come all the way back and be put on a train going in the right direction.

Long story short...good luck, and temper your expectations on getting any straight answers haha.

Reactions: cta