2000 Dodge 2500 Cummings 24 v diesel - gauges don't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeoC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 5.9

Hello, new here - truck runs no issues there, gauges don't work, did the code thing, got 920 921 999 and no bus. Changed the transmission solenoid, cleaned ecm/pcm posts etc, could this be the instument cluster? Or could I need a new computer unit, ECM/PCM. not good with the electrical stuff...

RowanLake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 8.0
First, it's a Cummins. (Not Cummings)
Second, most electrical issues are corrosion or bad ground, or both.
Simple checks and cleaning of any ground points and plug connections, neither of which costs money, would be my advice.

tuffbird72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L I6 Turbo Diesel
I'm going to assume you received the codes when initiating the cluster reset procedure. So likely not PCM. Did you replace the governor AND transducer solenoids in the transmission? Generally, if either one of these isn't absolutely tight (meaning you can move the connectors around) it could be one of them isn't properly grounding and is throwing 920/921/999 code. What the other responder said is pretty much spot on.

Last edited: