2002 5.9 crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hammer0919

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Driving to work my truck cut off. Pulled battery and alternator to get checked. Battery needed charge and alternator needed to be replaced. With new alternator and charged battery still no start. Have fuel pressure at the rail and have replaced the pick up coil, distributor cap and rotor, new plugs and wires and still no start. No loose connections under the fuse box, no loose ground connections. What am I missing???

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you set the air gap on your distributor pick up coil, do you have spark, how is your timing, what condition are your timing chain and gears in?

OP
OP
H

hammer0919

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Distributor was not replaced, have replaced the hull sensor, rotor, cap, wires and plugs. Do have spark and have 48psi going to the fuel rail. replaced the timing gears and chain back in October when the timing cover gasket blew. Have also replaced crank sensor, alternator, and ECM. Same thing crank no start. Not sure what I'm missing. Could this be a loose ground or could I have jumped timing? Very puzzling for a DIYer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat