2003 Ram 2500 Dash assembly compatible with 2005 Ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southernilfarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Howdy folks,

The dash in my 2003 Ram 2500 is simply falling apart to a point it must be replaced. I've found a color match in a local yard on a 2005 Ram 1500. I don't know if these parts are interchangeable and my internet searches have been inconclusive. I have a call in to the local Dodge parts department, but they haven't returned my call.

I'm hopeful someone here may have the answer on this one.

Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
S

Southernilfarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Hello again,

Just FYI, my local Dodge dealer was able to eyeball part numbers and says these two dashboards are not interchangeable. The search continues for a good dash!

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Howdy folks,

The dash in my 2003 Ram 2500 is simply falling apart to a point it must be replaced. I've found a color match in a local yard on a 2005 Ram 1500. I don't know if these parts are interchangeable and my internet searches have been inconclusive. I have a call in to the local Dodge parts department, but they haven't returned my call.

I'm hopeful someone here may have the answer on this one.

Thanks,
Mike
Professional salvage operations have exchange (interchange) reference information. They should be able to accurately tell you if the 2 are interchangeable.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Gen 3 Dodge Ram 1500s, years were 2002 - 2008
Heavy Duty Dodge Rams 2500 - 5500, were a year behind
they were 2003 - 2009

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes they are, I have a newer dash in my 2003. The reason they say that is that there are internal differences with wiring and I think the HVAC plumbing (if memory serves me correctly, it's been 10 yrs). Transfer all the old stuff over and it's fine.

OP
OP
S

Southernilfarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Yes they are, I have a newer dash in my 2003. The reason they say that is that there are internal differences with wiring and I think the HVAC plumbing (if memory serves me correctly, it's been 10 yrs). Transfer all the old stuff over and it's fine.
I suspected this, given that both dashboards look identical on the outside. To clarify, I've got a 2003 Ram 2500 and the donor vehicle is a 2005 Ram 1500. Given the fact the donor dash is in pristine condition, and the price is only $175.00, I may give it a chance. The dealer parts guy only knows parts numbers, and they are different.

Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
S

Southernilfarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Professional salvage operations have exchange (interchange) reference information. They should be able to accurately tell you if the 2 are interchangeable.
Interesting how my salvage yard guy, who is VERY helpful, carefully stated I'd be better served asking the Dodge dealer. He not want to get burned with telling me something that turned out to be incorrect after a lot of work.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting how my salvage yard guy, who is VERY helpful, carefully stated I'd be better served asking the Dodge dealer. He not want to get burned with telling me something that turned out to be incorrect after a lot of work.
You're in a rural area, it appears. I'm in the huge metropolis of Houston, Texas. Most salvage operations here and the ones I deal with outside of Houston all have interchange guides which tell what parts fit (work) across other years/ models. I assumed yours does too.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would think that every auto dismantling yard would have the Hollander Interchange Manuals.

I don't know if the yards like Pull A Part & Ecology yards would have them

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Southernilfarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
You're in a rural area, it appears. I'm in the huge metropolis of Houston, Texas. Most salvage operations here and the ones I deal with outside of Houston all have interchange guides which tell what parts fit (work) across other years/ models. I assumed yours does tooR

You're in a rural area, it appears. I'm in the huge metropolis of Houston, Texas. Most salvage operations here and the ones I deal with outside of Houston all have interchange guides which tell what parts fit (work) across other years/ models. I assumed yours does too.
Yes, very rural! We drive 50 miles to get to a salvage yard with any inventory. It is really an adventure at our "Pick a Part". Located in a very sketchy area, but there are two strip clubs in walking distance from the yard!

OP
OP
S

Southernilfarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Here are the dash panels from a 2005 Ram 1500 I picked up. Will use these when I pull out the entire dash to repair broken blend doors and evict the mice who enjoy the comfort of my seldom used farm truck. Will detail that process in photos and words when I get around to it.

Mice...they are persistent! I've trapped and poisoned many. I've tried all the standard methods of driving them away with scents including dryer sheets, essential oils, and specifically manufactured smelly devices.

Ideas to keep mice out of this old truck? I don't have room to park it inside, so it must remain under a carport.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• Dash parts.jpeg
    Dash parts.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 3

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here are the dash panels from a 2005 Ram 1500 I picked up. Will use these when I pull out the entire dash to repair broken blend doors and evict the mice who enjoy the comfort of my seldom used farm truck. Will detail that process in photos and words when I get around to it.

Mice...they are persistent! I've trapped and poisoned many. I've tried all the standard methods of driving them away with scents including dryer sheets, essential oils, and specifically manufactured smelly devices.

Ideas to keep mice out of this old truck? I don't have room to park it inside, so it must remain under a carport.

Thanks,
Mike
Moth balls work for me.... VERY well. So does fresh bay leaves. Cats can contribute, as well.