2004 Cummins issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 - 2004 - 2014
Engine
360 - Cummings - 6.4
Hello everyone, am having issues with 2004 ram 3500 SLT. Been really cold here minus 20 . Starts up fine, ideals fine, revs up fine but when I put into gear and go down the road it has no gumption, it drops off when I push accelerator pedal.
Any ideas what to look at ?
Thanks and Happy Holidays

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hello everyone, am having issues with 2004 ram 3500 SLT. Been really cold here minus 20 . Starts up fine, ideals fine, revs up fine but when I put into gear and go down the road it has no gumption, it drops off when I push accelerator pedal.
Any ideas what to look at ?
Thanks and Happy Holidays
I would hope your diesel fuel you buy has been mixed with #1 diesel to winterize it for the temps in your area, if your not sure use a good brand of anti gel in every tank, I would also use a good lube additive like Opti-Lube XPD, also have you checked the air filter along with the intake to make sure its free of snow & ice? When was the last time you replaced your fuel filter? Have you checked for any codes, if not stop by a parts house and ask them to check for codes..