2005 5.7 Hemi noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiew03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recently bought a 2005 Ram as a work truck. 5.7 Hemi is making a noise coming from the front passenger side of the motor. It’s louder on start up and gets quieter the longer it runs but you can still hear it on acceleration.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am prty sure its lifter noise I would run seafoam threw the crankcase to clear out any **** possibly sticky lifter and then use a good oil filter and penzoil 5w30 synthetic. But before you do that I would remove the belt fire it up a sec to 100% make sure its nothing belt driven making the noise.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Recently bought a 2005 Ram as a work truck. 5.7 Hemi is making a noise coming from the front passenger side of the motor. It’s louder on start up and gets quieter the longer it runs but you can still hear it on acceleration.

I have no experience with either Seafoam or troubleshooting Hemi noises but did watch this interesting video earlier today.

After reading lots of compelling reviews & 1 verbal, I did buy a jug of Seafoam to attempt to fix a friend's old generator, yet to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agAWXnT4-EQ

Last edited:

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too have a 2005 5.7, sues making lots of noises that I know good and well is lifters beating the cam. Idk if I want o swap camshaft or throw in an engine at this point. My luck, trans be blowing up shortly after the engine fix!