2007 Dodge ram 2500 front fender issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdawkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New member here and been looking through all the threads and couldn't find anything on my issue. I have a 2007 dodge ram 2500 mega cab 8ft bed with a 4" lift. I just got some Firestone 35 12.5 20 tires installed and the front tires hit the dang fender. I need to know what is out there that will shorten the width between the tire and door of my truck and also give me a 3" flare look. My tires stick out to much as well. Also I want the bed with the matching flare look without adding fender flares. I have searched the internet for weeks and the only thing that I can find are fenders for newer models. If anyone has any info on this please point me in the right direction cause as of right now I am unable to drive my truck til I solve this problem. Also I'm in ga and I need a good paint and body shop near west ga preferably that can install the new panels and paint it. Any help at all will be appreciated

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New member here and been looking through all the threads and couldn't find anything on my issue. I have a 2007 dodge ram 2500 mega cab 8ft bed with a 4" lift. I just got some Firestone 35 12.5 20 tires installed and the front tires hit the dang fender. I need to know what is out there that will shorten the width between the tire and door of my truck and also give me a 3" flare look. My tires stick out to much as well. Also I want the bed with the matching flare look without adding fender flares. I have searched the internet for weeks and the only thing that I can find are fenders for newer models. If anyone has any info on this please point me in the right direction cause as of right now I am unable to drive my truck til I solve this problem. Also I'm in ga and I need a good paint and body shop near west ga preferably that can install the new panels and paint it. Any help at all will be appreciated

Might want to ask over in the 3rd gen section for a better response, this area if for the 5th generation (2019+) rams so you may not get as much action here.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
B

bdawkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I have a 1996. You are not going to find what you are looking for. The only way to do what you want, without using a Bushwacker style flare, is to take it to a body shop and have them do the work on both the front and the back. That will be a LOT more expensive than just doing what everyone else does, and putting flares on the truck. It is that or go back to narrower tires, though you could gain some tuck in by playing with Rim Offset.

One other thing I will say, I can put 35" tall 16" ties on my 1996 2500 with no fender issues at all and 37" with the right offsets fit too and my truck isn't lifted, so I am not entirely clear why you are having fender issues with a relatively small tire.

These are 32." tall, but fairly narrow at 9.8", and not even close to a fender issue

Cy5jukd.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bdawkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats what I was wondering myself. Here is a couple pics to see what I was talking about20220405_191408.jpg20220417_150349.jpg

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
First problem is those wheels have far more offset than they should. Those are only a 12.5" tire, so 1.75" wider on the front side and back side as the ones I am using, assuming you are using a rim with the same offset. They look to be sticking out a good 4-5" past the fender. The one picture looks like the rear tire has almost half its width out past the edge of the fender. The stock tires on that truck were a bit over 10" wide, no way 12.5 should hang out that far. Whoever sold you the rims didn't know what they were doing. Other problem with that much offset is it puts a ton more stress on the front bearings and the rest of the front end, as well as the rear bearings.

I would be going back to that tire and wheel shop and make them put the correct offset rim on your truck. I would also be looking for a rim that tucks those meats in as far as possible without touching anything at full left and right lock. I think that would solve about 95% of you problem.

OP
OP
B

bdawkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately I purchased the truck with these rims on it and bought new tires only. I will definitely look into the right offset rim for sure cause I don't care for the ones that are on it. Any particular place you think would know what I need without any extra issues

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Unfortunately I purchased the truck with these rims on it and bought new tires only. I will definitely look into the right offset rim for sure cause I don't care for the ones that are on it. Any particular place you think would know what I need without any extra issues
I am in Canada. I don't know rim and tire dealers State side but if you find a place that does a lot of off road rigging it would be a start. A few questions and u can pretty much tell if the guy is full of it or knows what he is talking about. Look up the offset and size of the stock wheels. Work from there even going with 20 inch rubber. You want to stay pretty close to original offset.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I agree, your front wheels bearings will not last long at all with the wheel offset being what it is

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For your information, you do not have a mega cab. They never produced one with an 8’ bed (there are custom made ones out there, however).

Just do some minor trimming and those tires should fit. Or get some less offset wheels.

OP
OP
B

bdawkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info and wasn't sure about the megacab