2010 2500 5.7 power steering pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tracksnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Bought a 2010 2500 with a 5.7 last December. For whatever reason I am unable to find the correct power steering pump,reservoir, and pulley for this truck. Can anyone please shed some light on this?

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
Rock auto has a reman. pump for $130.00.I believe you can transfer your pully and res. to the new pump.

Delta11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2010 2500 with a 5.7 none of the auto stores puller's work on this power steering pump pulley
I did see one puller on summit was $239 I can get a pump with pulley cheaper than that remanufactured
The diameter of the shaft it's too big for the O'reilly and autozone pullers
I tried putting a pipe wrench around the clam shells because the supplied pipe ring Will not fit over the clam shells
I tried holding them together with a pair of curved jaw channel locks That did not work I have searched on the internet over 3 hours looking for something I found the pulley if you type the model number off the pulley onto the internet search page it will pop-up The model number is printed on the pull itself
The pulley is plastic
It looks like I'm going to have to get a saws all and cut it off The new one cost me $9 online Not really sure how I'm going to get it to go on
I may just bite the bullet and go to a junkyard and find one complete and put it on

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2010 2500 with a 5.7 none of the auto stores puller's work on this power steering pump pulley
I did see one puller on summit was $239 I can get a pump with pulley cheaper than that remanufactured
The diameter of the shaft it's too big for the O'reilly and autozone pullers
I tried putting a pipe wrench around the clam shells because the supplied pipe ring Will not fit over the clam shells
I tried holding them together with a pair of curved jaw channel locks That did not work I have searched on the internet over 3 hours looking for something I found the pulley if you type the model number off the pulley onto the internet search page it will pop-up The model number is printed on the pull itself
The pulley is plastic
It looks like I'm going to have to get a saws all and cut it off The new one cost me $9 online Not really sure how I'm going to get it to go on
I may just bite the bullet and go to a junkyard and find one complete and put it on
Putting it on is the easy part. The pump shaft has an internal thread, so a bolt / nut combo will pull the pulley onto the shaft Easy Peasy.
Maybe use a clamshell puller to get pulley off.

Holy crap ..... $217 for a stinking pulley? A plastic one no less. I'd be treating that thing like it's the last one on earth and made of gold.