2010 5.7 leaking fuel line under drivers seat area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

428dragpak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys,

I have a gas leak where the steel line becomes/joins the short braided steel hose which then joins to the connector. It is leaking right where the braided joins the steel line. Lucky I investigated the smell of gas as it was dripping right onto the exhaust. Way to go Dodge, great idea having a joint in a gas line above the exhaust...

When I look for replacement lines online I do not see one that shows this braided section and do not want to order the wrong one.

Has anyone dealt with this problem?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Take your VIN into the dealer parts counter and get them to order the right part. Take along a couple of clear pictures on your phone of the part as well. That way you know you get exactly what you need.

OP
OP

428dragpak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take your VIN into the dealer parts counter and get them to order the right part. Take along a couple of clear pictures on your phone of the part as well. That way you know you get exactly what you need.
Thanks but I'm hoping to just get it myself for cheaper/aftermarket.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Thanks but I'm hoping to just get it myself for cheaper/aftermarket.
Well, you can do that if you want but you will probably save less than 5 bucks. Issue you have is that part could very well be different depending on engine, box length, cab size etc. At minimum I would use the dealer to get the correct part number, and then see if i could save enough bucks buying non-OEM.