2010 5.7 Cannot get Fuel connection apart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MudDog2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Starting the Cam and Lifter project. Pulling the intake, or I should say trying to.

The fuel line connector is refusing to release. Ive been doing these type fuel lines for years but the idiot at Chrysler needs to be shot for this setup. The connector is entirely to close to the fuel rail for most disconnect tools. They simply will not fit into the connector.

I have 3 different tools, Pics attached.

The issue is the tool that will fit is one of the plastic variety and goes into the connector and slides all the way into it with persuasion from the pliers AND holding the connector down on it. As i start to push up on the tool the connector starts to move up as it should. The tool then stops, its up as far as it will go and I try to disconnect the connector and no go.

Pic 1 is the white plastic tool , 3/8", which fits fine. Pic 2 is with the tool pushed up into the connector. Keeping the connector pushed down so the tool has full contact. The connector refuses to release.

Pic 3 is 2 of my metal tools. Neither will even go into the connector as the adapter ends are too long to get into it.

I even modified one by shortening the ends and re radius them. Finally got one to fit. However it acted the same way as the plastic one.

A little stumped here . Any bright ideas , and yes , the connector moves back and forth about 1/8" so its acting right.
fuel connectior1.jpgfuel connectior2.jpgfuel connectior3.jpg

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also did you squeeze the ears and push it in on the plastic one you're using, are you sure you are using the right one, on reading this post I see you have the white plastic fuel line disconnect tool.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need to get the plastic ones. Those metal ones didnt work on mine either,

OP
OP
M

MudDog2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update, after doing some online research it seems these quick connects are prone to debris getting into the cavity. So I soaked the interior with penetrating oil overnight, then blew it out with shop air. That did the trick. The white tool worked and I could hear the click when it was fully pushed in.

Now on to the cam and lifters.

Frankly , a cam change on a hemi makes a LS cam change a walk in the park.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93