Auxiliary CD player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i finally got it to work. admittedly, it was pilot error. lol i was trying to use itunes, but windows legacy media player waas so much easier to use....just rip to MP3 and send to the USB.
YUP, I think the MP4's will play also, if I remember, I will try and see if there are any mp4's on my usb in truck and try, or will rip one and see. Will report back.

ADDED: I have nothing MP4 to rip to try. ALSO, seems all the MP4 involves Video Songs.

NO I tunes on this stuff, lol. Big "Apple".

Last edited:
OP
OP
DanAR

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think 2019 was the last year for factory CD player in the RAM. Wouldn't be surprised if a few 2020 models had some leftovers.

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I think 2019 was the last year for factory CD player in the RAM. Wouldn't be surprised if a few 2020 models had some leftovers.
I cannot confirm that 2019 was the LAST year for the cd player, but I CAN confirm that the cd player was offered in 2019. I still use mine.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a mopar CD player sitting on my desk. I just haven't gotten around to pull my console apart to install it. I am hoping the harness is there for it.
When I had my 2017 I added a CD player. PITA. I had to buy a different console base that allowed the player to be mounted and the wire harness for it. Then take the truck to the dealer for them to add the sales code so the truck would recognize it. That set up was goofy inside the console. The '19 set up is where it should be, right in the open.

Built To Serve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a mopar CD player sitting on my desk. I just haven't gotten around to pull my console apart to install it. I am hoping the harness is there for it.
When I had my 2017 I added a CD player. PITA. I had to buy a different console base that allowed the player to be mounted and the wire harness for it. Then take the truck to the dealer for them to add the sales code so the truck would recognize it. That set up was goofy inside the console. The '19 set up is where it should be, right in the open.
Let us know if the harness is there I've been thinking about the same plan.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
And this is why, of the several aftermarket radios/CD players I have installed over the years, I have just paid a tech to do it.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
It would have easily cost me over $1500 to have it installed in my '17. I bought a used console from a junkyard for $200.00. Dealer would have charged $600 for the console base, then the wire harness, then labor for them swapping console bases.
It cost me $300. 200 for the console base and 100 for the dealer to enter the sales code.
The work wasn't actually all that bad. It was finding the console base with the wire harness intact that was hard to come by.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I bought my truck Jan. 2021 and ordered the Mopar CD player about 2 months later.
It's still sitting on my desk. You might find out before me at the rate I'm going. lol