2010 V6 Crew Cab radio not tuning stations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SandSmudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.7L
Hello all, I have a 2010 V6 with a factory radio ID: "RES" that has CD/AM/FM/AUX and Sirius capable, but no Navigation. I've had this truck since ~2014 and the radio function has never worked. The CD and AUX functions work and plays no problem. The AM/FM functions don't tune to any stations, except I can get one close AM station to tune in. No other stations work. I have changed the antenna to no avail. I've been using my phone connected to the AUX plug as my sound source. Now that I am retired, I have time to try and fix some things on the truck and I'd like to figure this out.

Today I visited a local audio installer to ask if he could take a look. Previously I have taken out the right side kick panel and checked to see if any loose connections for antenna. Didn't see anything suspicious. The installer, who has done other good work for me in the past, stated that it is a common fault with my type of RAM radio that they lose their ability to tune radio stations over time and he didn't have time to look at mine...... Now, since the truck was only ~3-4 years old when I got it, I don't think the radio was "worn out" already. Also today, I removed the trim piece and pulled out the factory radio. Looked like all connections were solid and nothing was loose.

Has anybody else encountered a similar problem, and if so what solution is there if any?