Radio glitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregGuenther

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 laramie
Engine
Hello, just joined.

I have a glitch in my audio equipment 2015 ram 1500 5.7 4x4 laramie 120,*** miles. with the radio on and playing a song on a fm station , if I or my passenger moves in our seat, the radio switches to aux mode. A local guru who owns a tinting and audio shop found it to be the plug in for the amp that makes this happen. He duplicated the problem while I was sitting in the seat by manipulating the plug ins for the amp. I cannot duplicate this unless i am in the seat. Do i need a new amp , plug in, or what. I have owned this truck nearly two years and it has done this every since. Oh, I have never actually had the guy work on this in his shop because he is just too busy. He just played around with it one time when I pulled up to his shop. tried to make an actual appointment yesterday but this guy is super busy.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What could the OP have possibly typed after 120,--- that would make the system blank it out?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
A local guru who owns a tinting and audio shop found it to be the plug in for the amp that makes this happen. He duplicated the problem while I was sitting in the seat by manipulating the plug ins for the amp.
The amplifier is under the dash and only in trucks with the Alpine sound system. You could try swapping the media port in the center console, be sure to use one from similar year.

OP
OP
G

GregGuenther

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 laramie
Engine
Yeah I’ve unplugged the amp, inspected the plug ins. See no issues. I’ll look into that media port. Thank you!