2011 5.7 hemi stumped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dog2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hoping someone can help me out here, 12000 miles ago I did a lifter cam swap on my 2011 ram. Everything was flawless after doing it no noise codes or misfire. Friday I was driving and the truck oil light came on with a bad miss and check engine light. Got it home it showed low oil pressure but fluid levels were good, showed a miss in cylinder 7. And running lean ( after removing the intake manifold found a pinched gasket and believe this will go away) did the normal check plugs, coil and injectors. All checked out working, took off the head this afternoon to check the lifters, all appeared to be good with noticable issues but change cylinder 7 anyways. Put the head back on and the exhaust side number 7 has about 1/2 in movement vs the others at about 1 in. Checked pushrod, not bent. I am wondering could the valve be bad ( taking the head back off in the am.) I noticed carbon build up in 7 and 135 were fairly clean). And would a cam go bad without any significant signs on the mds lifter.

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
Try the 4th Gen thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members