Need help!! Code p307 5.7 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ps1999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I replaced my cam, lifters, oil pump, cam phaser, timing chain and guides, pushrods, coil packs (accel), spark plugs, new gaskets and deadbolts, vvt sensor, mds solenoids (mopar), moved injectors around, tested connections and wiring to coilpacks and injectors (all good) I've removed the valve covers and inspected the pushrods for proper seating twice now, pulled the head again and replaced the lifters again on cylinder 1 and 7. Let it idle for 45min before test driving. Idled smooth no noise. On tested drive it started missing noticeably around 1900rpm. Tested codes and p307 again. It's present rather in tow mode or not. Originally when the truck first started having issues was on cylinder 5 which was accompanied with the ol hemi tick, and resulted in a failed lifter and cam. So I didn't go cheap, I bought a OEM cam and lifters. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am stumped. Only known issue is my TPM needs replaced, currently I've had to bypass the fuel reley, but I did that months before the lifter failure and it ran just fine so I'm not thinking that's my issue.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you replaced everything yourself then I'd imagine you know what you're doing. First thing I would do is pull the plug for cylinder 7 and check the spark plugs and make sure they aren't cracked or damaged which is possible regardless of how good you are. If the plugs look good then check the compression in the cylinder to see where that reads. Swap the coils with a different cylinder. It's not unheard of to get faulty parts, even from the dealer. It could just be something as stupid as a clogged injector or a bad connection

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357