2011 Cummins Rough Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shakes_44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
2011 Cummins, deleted egr and bluetec years ago.

Went to drive truck yesterday and at startup it was running rough, and loud, can feel vibration. Hit the accelerator and it quiets down and runs smooth, let off the accelerator and same thing.

Engine ran at temp, no issues, drove 150 miles. The coolant reservior was a little low, but I dont think thats the issue. Any ideas?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
When was the last time you drove the truck for a solid 30+ minute drive at Hwy speeds to help clean carbon off injector tips, do you use injector cleaner to help in between long drives? Also depending on outside temps fuel could have started to gel causing fuel flow problem...

OP
OP
S

shakes_44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I had driven it back and forth to work Thurs and Fri (100 miles round trip each day half of the drive highway miles at 80mph), also drove it Sat for a short drive and then Sunday this started. I keep an anti gel fuel treatment in it. Did it as well today.